Want to spin more consistent skeins?
Do you want to make yarns that are consistent in diameter and twist? This half-day class will help you do just that.
You'll explore the two keys to a beautifully even skein of handspun—consistent drafting and even twist—and learn tips and tricks for achieving both. We'll cover:
- sampling to choose the diameter and twist you want in your finished yarn
- how to draft consistently and adjust your drafting on the fly to achieve consistent diameter
- maintaining even twist through a project
- how to troubleshoot your spinning, make changes, and get back on track when your drafting varies
- plying for consistency
- how to deal with twist problems—even after you're done spinning and plying a skein
This class is appropriate for beginning through intermediate spinners; you should be able to spin a continuous thread on your wheel with confidence. Bring a spinning wheel in good working order, three bobbins, and a lazy kate.
Taught by Sasha Torres. Enrollment limited to seven students. $59 including materials and GST.